Friday, September 21, 2007

Never Give Up

Just like the Apostle Paul in Romans 7 I have experienced an increase in the inner struggle between my old ways (thoughts, responses, behaviors, decisions, actions) and the new creation in Christ Jesus that began 14 years ago. Often I just want to quit being responsible and just quit….Am I just going through teenage years of “finding out who I am?” again? The Message Bible paraphrase reads how I feel…”I obviously need help! I realize I don’t have what it takes, I can will it, but I can’t do it. I decide to do good but I don’t really do it, I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time…parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge.” Further reading in Romans brings me to the 13th chapter –“make sure that I don’t get so absorbed and exhausted in taking care of all my day to day obligations that I lose track of time and doze off, oblivious to God…God is putting the finishing touches on the salvation work He began when I first believed.” Yea God! Thank you Lord for Your Word, Your encouragement, and reminders that my help comes from You. Thank you that I can trust You, that You know my burdens and want to carry them. Thank you for never, ever giving up on me.

No comments: