One of the books I read last month was also on TV recently. I find that there is depth in the written word versus a visual. Books are generally longer and movies modify and/or omit parts of books when adapted to the screen. The book was "for one more day". It caused me to wonder what kind of impact am I making on my family and visa versa. It reminded me that every moment is significant whether I realize it or not and I don't want to miss anything. It made me think of our best friend who has been gone for over two years now. The last chapter gives final thoughts and here are a couple excerpts:
You can find something truly important in an ordinary minute.
You need to keep people close. You need to give them access to your heart.
There's a story behind everything. Sometimes the stories are simple and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking.
The premise of the story is that a grown man gets one more day with his mother who died several years earlier. The man was in a difficult place in his life and his mom reminded him of what was important; love, forgiveness, listening, remembering... He believed she saved his life. He believed that parents, if they love you, will hold you up safely, above their swirling waters, and sometimes that means you'll never know what they endured, and you may treat them unkindly, in a way you otherwise wouldn't. Today we celebrated my Father in-laws 80th birthday and my husband appreciates the model he was given.
Another part of the story reads:
What causes an echo? The persistence of sound after the source has stopped.
When can you hear an echo? When it's quiet and other sounds are absorbed.
When it's quiet, I can hear my mother echo still.
Will I echo?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment