I began keeping a diary when I was 13. I wrote about what clothes I wore, how much I weighed, what I did each day, the music I was listening to or books I was reading and, of course, what boy I liked. Then my brother's friends found my hiding place and read my diary. I stopped writing one for several years and began again as a teenager when I was in creative writing. At that time, I wrote about my struggles, feelings, fitting in, what I did and, of course, what boy I liked. The diary continued intermittently through difficult situations until I "fell in love" with my husband after high school. After getting married and having a child I threw away the diaries except for the one when I began dating my husband. Eventually, I went back to writing and called it journaling instead of keeping a diary; must of been because I was a "grown up". It was clear from my writings I was still searching for something. In retrospect I am amazed that God never, ever gave up on me and He continued to woo me until I begin a relationship with Him. Since that day, September 14, 1993, my journaling evolved into a letter to my Heavenly Father and He is always faithful.
Recently I read an article about journaling with several prompting questions. One question I journaled about and challenge you to consider:
What three moments in your life do you remember the most?
The first three that came to my mind were: 1) The day my husband told me he loved me. I remember where we were, what we were doing, where we were in our relationship and how serious he was. 2) The moment I was given my daughter, in the hospital, just the two of us and I realized what an incredible gift she was that I absolutely did not deserve. How important that moment was and what an incredible responsibility we were given. 3) The day I made the decision for Jesus. I remember who I was with, where we were, how we came to be at the moment and the joy in the decision. It was like coming home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment