Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Never get tired

It’s the end of the month and time for a month-end post. 2008 is more than half over, summer is nearly done and it reminds me of James 4:14 “How do you know what will happen tomorrow? For your life is like the morning fog-it’s here a little while, then it’s gone.” From one monthly post to the next I toss around ideas for what I want to share and only God knows who will venture onto this blogspot. There is potential for each word to make a positive impact on you, the reader. My profile states I am a flawed individual, I stumble through life, and I am often disobedient and weak. At the end of each work day I have likely grieved The Father; the cycle continues. Lately I have been feeling pressure, I am growing tired of running on the gerbil wheel at work and my energy is draining. The desires of my heart are not evident in my schedule and often missing in my behavior. I have prayed 2 Thessalonians 3:13 (…never get tired of doing good) for others and know I should claim it for myself. God knows me more than I know myself. I know what I need to do, I just need to do it and do it consistently. When I read fiction I am drawn to characters and their stories. For those of you familiar with Father Tim of the Mitford series I resonate with these quotes from the book In This Mountain: “Writing to search the soul has often helped; more than once this has enabled him to arrive at a better understanding of a personal issue. He thought, too, that the whole subject might be of interest to others – didn’t everyone fervently desire to leave a mark, to make a difference? In truth, mortality had been one of mankinds most devouring disappointments – having only a brief time to make a difference, one forever felt the pressure to get cracking.” Another: “why couldn’t all of life give one that feeling, the feeling of being on the brink of discovery? Wasn’t every moment a revelation? Whoever knew, after all what lay around the bend?” One from Father Tim’s wife Cynthia: “I don’t understand God; if I did would He be God? I believe everything that happens must pass God’s muster, and that somehow He permitted this. He is very present-and working in our lives.” My thoughts are like the wind; blowing all over, without pattern or direction. If I remain quiet and stop to listen, I will hear Him. I should adapt to situations yet not lose who I am and who I am is not what I do. “Thank God, who gives me victory over sin and death through Jesus Christ my Lord!” 1 Corinthians 15:57

No comments: