The Lord impressed upon me this quote by Beth Moore, I shared it with dear friends as an encouragement to them and a reminder to me.
"If God allowed you to be thrown into a pit (trial, job loss, illness, etc.), you weren't picked on; you were picked out. God entrusted that suffering to you because He has faith in you. Live up to it. All the way up."
There are many kinds of pits; we often feel like our pit is new but there is actually nothing new under the sun and The Son (Jesus) is well aware of them all. Everyone we know is engaged in a really tough battle these days. We can fight the battle alone and feel defeated or we can reach up to The One who is fighting for us; The One who already has the victory.
He laid a specific verse on my heart from Exodus 14:14 - The Lord Himself will fight for you. Just stay calm. God is greater than any obstacle at hand. Have faith.
As I headed into 2014 I recognized I was becoming "battle weary" when I selected My One Word for 2014 - Replenish (see January 2014 post). It is more significant that I realized it would be this year. I have been walking unknowingly in the desert, parched, going through the motions like Martha "taking care of business" (see December 2013 post), missing the replenishment and craving intimate "heart times" with Jesus.
I travel around twelve times a year so I have heard the flight attendants safety instruction to secure your own oxygen mask before helping others. My best friend has reminded me of this numerous times because it actually applies to life. Why do I forget? When I am properly equipped I am able to assist others. When I ingest Jesus He will radiate out; I can pour into others, and please God, my Father.
Jesus said, "I am the Bread of Life. Whoever comes to me shall not hunger and whoever believes in me shall never thirst." (John 6:33)
What fuel are you ingesting for daily replenishment? Are you adjusting the oxygen mask for others and then struggling with your own?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for your insight! Hope you are well!
Good reminder, Mom!! Take some time to get replenished! I love you! :)
-CE
Love you and your blogging. Thank you.
Post a Comment