Thursday, February 12, 2015

IF

This time last year I was experiencing some depression although not completely realizing it. Then I attended the first IF Gathering via live stream at a new friends home. We did not know each other well and we were in different seasons of life, yet the safe home environment did allow intimacy. For me, the conference was a springboard to further growth in my relationship with God with the guidance of counseling to overcome the looming depression. A few of last year's high points:



His grace is a way to walk with courage and abandonment
Quit comparing
Take the weight off my back and give it to Him
I am entitled to my opinion but that does not mean I should always give it
Let the Holy Spirit get rid of my impossible wall
Believe the truth of God's word over my circumstance

Am I walking in the unforced rhythms of grace? Zephaniah 3:17
Take the junk captive, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
My potential is limitless because limitless God lives in me, Ephesians 3:20



Fast forward to today and I just attended the second IF Gathering last weekend via live stream and the theme was faith and the passages were about Joshua in Numbers and Joshua. We were challenged to get ready to battle. IF God is real, let's go.



This year-
Sometimes we may be weeping and don't know why
Faith has challenges and it is the last thing the enemy wants us to secure
Sometimes our faith struggle is because we don't understand (Numbers 14:3)
Faith means that God will not always explain Himself
Sometimes we prefer to stay in bondage because it is familiar. Be willing to let go
Our struggles are not the same, mine may be easy for you but no less difficult
Hitting a wall can be directional...go over, around....
We often stay on the border line instead of taking the next step
Deal with the brokenness of our past so we can move ahead
God wants us to move into His promises
Hang onto the truth of God's word (Joshua 1:8)
Quit complaining, Greater is He that is in me (1John 4:4)
Do not be afraid, be strong and courageous for the Lord is with you (Joshua 1:6-7, 9)
Steps of faith are often ridiculous when we look through our human lens
Walk it (faith) out so the walls fall down (Joshua 6)



God does not give up when He is trying to teach a lesson and He gives us our own "individual word".  Let's face it, He is the Master Planner, Creator who knows the very details of our heart struggles and fears so He gives us unique opportunities and situations in the most perfect way. He desires the best for us, He delights in us and is ever so patient with us.


God began pruning in my life last year (John 15:4-5) and He continues to recalibrate my thinking. The depression and confusion last year had me asking myself "who am I" and part of healing is reviewing our story. I have been looking back at who I was as a way to understand who I am so I can become the woman God wants me to be and remember that I am part of His epic story. 



I will continue "walking it out" as I live into the word the Lord laid on my heart for 2015.....ABIDE

2 comments:

Crystal E. said...

Mom--It was nice to hear your synopsis of the IF: Gathering as it seems I won't be able to go back and review it. :( Glad it was another good, encouraging, grounding event for you! I hope to be able to participate next year. Love you, and Happy Valentine's Day!
-CE

Halfmom said...

my favorite was, "the horse is dead, dismount"