Isn't it interesting how we can read a passage of scripture, become familiar with the story yet get a fresh perspective each time we read it? Our Father God knows we will be in different seasons of life, be facing different challenges and processing through a myriad of emotions in various cycles of life. It can be completely heart lifting to receive a fresh "word" from Him. Some might describe it as "ah ha" moments yet it just might be growing in our relationship with Him....learning to understand, deepening our intimacy with Him...growing up.
Jesus put flesh on as part of God's sacrificial love, His perfect plan of grace so that we would have the opportunity to spent eternity with Him. This came with great cost. During His time on earth as a human Jesus experienced all that we experience so He is able to completely relate to us. He cried when He lost His friend Lazarus, He was hurt by His closest friends, He was frustrated when His friends did not come along side Him in the garden and He was disappointed when they did not truly understand his heartache. I imagine He felt alone in His obedience to God the Father...alone for a moment on the cross.
I often feel alone in my heartache...alone when I do not understand...alone in my tears....but when I am abiding in His word I can trust that He is near, He knows the future, He knows what I need before I ask Him....then He encourages my heart with hope and peace even as I sit in the unknown.
Ponder these lyrics from a Kari Jobe song....
When I walk through deep waters I know that You will be with me.....
I am not alone, You go before me, You will never leave me
In the midst of deep sorrow I see Your light breaking through, the dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into You
Lord You fight my every battle and I will not fear
You amaze me, redeem me, You call me as Your own
You are my strength, You are my defender, You are my refuge in the storm
Through these trials you have always been faithful
You bring healing to my soul
Do you feel alone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that song!!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It is so encouraging to remember that we are never alone. Praise God that he is always faithful and available---and that he also provides family and friends "with skin on" who remind us we are not alone as well. Love you!
-Crystal
Love you too!
Post a Comment