Sunday, March 11, 2007
Pause
When I take the time to pause I am grateful because I am given a gift in the moment. Sometimes it's a forced pause like when I am stuck at an airport or driving to another state or at a hotel alone and away from the daily routine of life. As an "empty nester" I would think I would have frequent "pauses". One of my favorite verses is Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God." So I ask myself why don't I pause more often - am I afraid to hear what God might say? One of the things He might tell me is John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." Okay, so now He just told me. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Laura, there is a friend of mine by the name of who's last few posts are especially pertinent if you're contemplating the pause, or being still. She wrote a piece on timing most recently, but the one before that about fallowed ground was especially thought-provoking for me. I hope it is a blessing to you as well.
Craver, what is your friend's blog address? Thanks.
Craver, got it - thanks for the link (I'm alittle slow here).
Sorry, that was my fault. The link didn't come out right, because it should have said, "by the name of LL Barkat..." Occasionally, I get errors like that, but I'm not sure what I did wrong.
Enjoy!
Post a Comment