Today I was encouraged, refreshed and my spirits lifted when I attended a prayer luncheon where a friend of mine was a guest speaker. My friend is a gifted teacher, encourager, intercessor and evangelist. I am always blessed by God through her with every exposure; whether in person, through the written word or praying together. She is an inspirational role model and a joy to know. We don't see each other often although we are still connected by the blood of Jesus and His work through us touching each others lives. Our paths crossed through our passion, as moms, to prayer for our kids (Moms In Touch). Her message today was her testimony of what it means to go through the refiners fire and come out in victory.
As we all have heard time and time again God said we will have times of trouble NOT that we might have times of trouble; we WILL have times of trouble. One of the illustrations she shared was a gymnast has a spotter in case the gymnast needs a little help and support. For those of us who have a personal relationship with Christ we have that "spotter" for those times of trouble. I cannot imagine life without the "Spotter". Another reminder she gave was that God will give us seasons of refreshment as part of our preparation for the fire and He puts people in our lives to minister to us. God is always prepared and when we are sensitive, observant and obedient we will notice His signs to us. He does not waste a thing.
Isaiah 41:10 Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with My victorious right hand.
Isaiah 26:3-4 You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, whose thoughts are fixed on You! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.
Life is like a tapestry with many colors. When we cannot weave the colors (go through the fire) of our tapestry (life) He can. He'll show us. He'll "spot" us. All the shades are important and go together as part of the picture on the tapestry. All the bright colors (good times in life) and dark colors (tough times) are what make up the picture (our life). One color missing or one wrong color will not weave the picture. We need all the colors weaved.
Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment