Saturday, January 24, 2009

2008 Reflections

We are nearly 30 days into the New Year! A new year offers a fresh start, reflection, and resolutions. As I consider 2008, I could tell you it was both challenging and rewarding with a few “firsts”. There is evidence of a physical change since I have lost nearly 65 pounds although more importantly is the transformation of my heart. All praise and thanksgiving go to my heavenly Father through Jesus Christ who continues to reveal more of Himself to me. Some people have difficulty beginning a relationship with God as their Father because they struggle in their relationship with their earthly father. I have always been “daddy’s girl” so I have always known the love of my dad. Yet I have learned so much more about my Heavenly Father’s unconditional love that I am continually amazed that He would love me after knowing everything about me. He knows what I am going to say even before I say it. (Psalm 139:4) He knows my every thought and every moment He knows where I am. (Psalm 139:2-3) Even if I wanted to, I can never escape Him; I can never get away from His presence! (Psalm 139:7) This knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to know! (Psalm 139:6) He made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. (Psalm 139:13) More amazing is He knew the mistakes I would make when He gave me to my mother. He grieved those choices I would make before I made them because He knew! He knew how long it would take for me to accept His love and He knew the losses I would have to experience before I would be healed and free from the bondage of punishing myself…of not forgiving myself. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. (Psalm 139:16b) And when I wake up each morning He is still with me! (Psalm 139:18b) Whatever we do has consequences that rebound not only in our lifetime but from one generation to the next. It is only through God’s love, the sacrifice of Jesus, can we find complete forgiveness and total freedom. May you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love really is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God. (Ephesians 3:18-19) Give thanks to the God of heaven. His faithful love endures forever. (Psalm 136:26)
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: