Saturday, January 31, 2009

What's next?

Before digging deep into myself I lived in a world where I wasn’t worthy, wasn’t good enough. With Crystal’s encouragement and her prompting as a woman, I no longer have to live that story. I don’t have to be afraid of a new life, my own life.

I’ve worked all my life to provide for my family, to support my husband in pursuit of his dreams, to give Crystal everything I could (not just financially) and this has been my identity. I’m still figuring out my dreams and now I’m not so afraid of finding them.

I see that over bonding and sole focus on my child magnified the empty nest when she flew away. Detaching was hard, it created a void. I was afraid of losing my daughter, I do still miss my child but our love is strong. When Crystal married and was obedient to God’s marriage principle to “leave and cleave” I poured more of myself into my marriage, my husband.

Eddie and did readjust; both separately and together. We keep trying new things. Whether it is joining the Arboretum, getting scooters (aka motor bikes), learning challenging board games or playing with toddlers during Sunday school; we are together. We are each other’s biggest fans, continue to be Crystal’s biggest fan and now we are also the biggest fans of our son-in-love, Jeremiah.

Bring on the next chapter!

No comments: