Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Drive By Shootings
Recently I joined the Face Book culture. It’s cool to connect with old friends, renew acquaintances, locate distant relatives and “holla” about what’s on my heart. Unless I am willing to invest the online time this “relationship” feels like a “drive by”. Often I feel like my life is one ongoing “drive by” with one “shot” after another “shot” moment by moment. Right now life for many people is this way; where the “shots” are causing pain, suffering and long lasting damage (unemployment, health challenges, unforgiveness, bitterness, confusion, anger, depression, addictions, emotional bondage). So what’s the “drive by” treatment? There’s a song called Always by a band named Building 429. The chorus is a reminder to me and gives me peace: I believe always, always, our Savior never fails Even when all hope is gone God knows our pain and His promise remains He will be with you always. May you too know His peace, always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment