Saturday, August 22, 2009
Down Time
It is important to pump energy into every relationship so we need to be mindful to refuel ourselves. I get refueled by what some would call "down time" although each of us has our own definition. For me, it's quiet with natural sounds, head clearing, journal and pen in hand with the Message Bible or book of Psalms, sitting on our swing in the yard (Spring-Fall weather) or sitting on our recliner rocker in the sun room (summer heat or storms, rain) or home library and a good book; one that causes me to make notes or underline parts. When I have an increased travel schedule I find that I need extra "down time" which may also include relaxing with a movie. That's my moms definition of "down time". I remember getting drawn into movies with my mom like Godzilla where the talking did not match the lips of the actors which is kind of funny now. Now I prefer dramas, romantic comedies or family oriented messages. For me, a movie should have an ending that does not leave questions, a clear conclusion with all the answers like a bow on a gift, a finishing touch; one that makes me smile not give me a stomach ache. Tears are okay with me because that's a clue that I was deeply touched. I cry reading books too. Tears are also a release, therapy and I know I am an emotional person so it fits. Some may not know that while it may be painfully obvious to others. As I get older, I cherish these quiet times. Times for writing, thinking, talking to The Father about life, my dreams, who I want to be. On August 14, 2009, Crystal and Jeremiah celebrated five years of marriage which means we have been empty-nesters for five years too. Now when we meet new people it's as if we are a childless couple yet we still have so much life to live. I am still trying to figure out who I want to be when I grow up. Maybe I'll know when I retire from the working world. I envision writing the story of my life, a memoir. Crystal calls it a Life Map. I've read biographies, memoirs of others and I get discouraged because I tend to compare my writing to theirs so I stop the writing process. When I think of the next half of my life I also envision working at a book store surrounded by books and, of course, flavored coffee. Another visual picture is with Eddie where we have a "new" Eddies Hot Stuff in town near the high school. We would work side by side, united in our vision, believing completely in our purpose. We would chat with people, offer a smile and serve them a snack. There is One who knows my future and when I seek Him with all my heart I will find Him (Jeremiah 29:13) . His "fuel" is perfect and His plan gives me hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). Go, refuel, then pump energy into others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment