Friday, October 15, 2010

encouragement for possibilities

I get encouraged in huge ways when God brings all of my random thoughts together in ways that suddenly make sense.  How encouraging because I really want to understand who I am, why I respond and behave the way I do and also learn better ways to live and better choices to make so I can make a positive impact wherever I am.  This is one reason why I like to journal.  In addition to a journal I have a small notepad for quick notes, comments, quotes or verses that give me the "aha" moments.  God organizes my head and my heart as long as I am alert, wait for His direction and truly listen.  These three verbs are challenging, in a fast paced life.  An environment where it is necessary to continually re prioritize in order to achieve satisfaction.  

Alert is to be watchful, vigilant, mentally responsive, on guard, careful, continuous observation.
To remain in anticipation, to delay or attend is to wait.
Listening is actively paying attention and making an effort to hear something.

I would like to engage with these three verbs; to interlock, become occupied or employ.

Psalm 40:1 (The Message) I waited and waited and waited for God.  At last He looked, finally He listened.
Psalm 37:34a, 30 (The Message) Wait passionately for God, don't leave the path.  The spacious, free life is from God, it's also protected and safe.  God-strengthened, we're delivered from evil - when we run to Him, He saves us.

Did I tell you that it is critical to be alert so you can hear as you wait?

No comments: