Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gratitude

Today begins December and the count down to completing year 2010. I meant to post before Thanksgiving because I have encountered several quotes on Thanksgiving as I prepared my mind and heart for the holiday. Yet it seems that life just gets faster and instant gratification is more the norm than a perk.  Throw the continued down turn in the economy into the mix where the fall out effects every aspect and the result could be an increase in irritability or a whole new outlook.  Negative or positive; the choice is ours.  Being thankful is a way to move into a positive direction. There are physical and emotional health benefits of having an "attitude of gratitude". Research shows fewer stress-related health symptoms and more optimism for those who count their blessings.  There are wonders and joys in life and when we look at them we can gain a sense of fulfillment.  The practice of prayerful living, daily recording of thanksgivings, and doing something for someone else are ways to encouragement.  Here is a GRATITUDE reminder:
G: thank God for those who have influenced your life.
R: Reach out to show that you care.
A: An act of kindness goes a long way.
T: Trust God to always keep positive people in your life.
I: Invite others to share in your joy.
T: Today is an appropriate time
U: Use every opportunity to let people know that they have made a difference in your life.
D: Don't procrastinate
E: Every day is a day of thanksgiving.
I leave you with Christmas thoughts as we prepare for the perfect gift - God's glory gift wrapped in flesh and blood, given to all mankind.
Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness.  To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect. (Oren Arnold)

No comments: