Thursday, December 2, 2010

Technology

Further to yesterday's post comment about life getting faster and instant gratification is more the norm than the perk I was thinking how I have gained time when I deactivated my facebook page. The initial reason was because of computer viruses that have been developing in greater speed and force.  Taking the mental vacation from technology is freeing and allows my mind to roam free. A great majority of people do their private thinking on the web and the trend is moving beyond information only, it's about relationships. I have seen how technology prevents families from being present with each other because of on line social networking. Some people find no purpose without facebook or twitter and this pace is eating away the soul. There is evidence that stress affects people emotionally and physically. Interesting statistic is nine out of 10 prescriptions written are for scripts that alter the mood. Are people addicted to a sense of value to busyness?  Do they get breathless from this pace? The word busyness is two characters in Chinese which mean one heart, annihilation.  Ah ha mmm. The residue of stress robs us of peace. Jesus said, "I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of." (John 10:10 msg)  What are you really longing for? What are the desires of your heart? 

No comments: