Sunday, January 30, 2011

One Word

Every year we flip the calendar; it's like there's new hope and new opportunity. Many reflect on past challenges, failures, and successes. We do this when nearing milestone birthdays, reunions, or other monumental experience like getting married, having a baby or even going through surgery.

Last year January 30, 2010, I wrote about adopting one word for the new year rather than making new year's resolutions. One word that you can "live" into being pushes us toward the future and does not focus on regret. My word for 2010 was Peace because I wanted to be free from commotion, serene, still, quiet, tranquil, harmonious, silent, still and content with a calm, peaceful disposition plus encouraging to others.  Initially I was going to continue with Peace as my word for 2011 yet I was moved to the word Sustain; so my 2011 word is Sustain. I want to Sustain - to keep up or maintain; keep in effect or being; to endure without succumbing; withstand; to uphold or support as being true or just; to lean upon. What do I want to sustain you might ask, right? Peace. Throughout 2010 my postings were about peace, loss, faith, love, learn, grow, think, sensitive, alert, wait, listen, positive, encouragement, understanding, priorities and season. 

Philippians 4:7: And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Isaiah 41:10: Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am Your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Psalm 91:11 For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.
Psalm 3:3: I lay down and slept; I awoke for the Lord sustained me.
Philippians 4:19: But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Matthew 11:28: Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Isaiah 58:11: The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs.

My verse for 2011: Psalm 89:21
O Lord, may Your hand sustain me. May Your arm strengthen me.

Please flood me with peace and faith (Isaiah 26:3, John 14:11) May faith and strength move me forward, that I would be sensitive of noise makers, be quiet, still, (Psalm 46:10) be prepared for the moment, not distracted, alert and patient so I can hear You Lord.

No comments: