Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving

In 2008 I hosted a Christmas tea to share God's love and what He has taught me about His love. It was also a fun way to celebrate Christmas, which is really all about God's love for us. Consider His absolutely generous gift and sacrifice of Jesus, who lived among us, so He could die for us, by us, in order to save us. God continues to teach me about His love for me. I have value, significance, vibrancy, worth and meaning because He knows me fully, loves me completely, and holds me close to His heart. I am His adopted daughter, heir to His kingdom and I am thankful. This year I celebrated my 50th birthday and sometimes I actually forget I am now 50; I like to think it's the new 30 and when I am 70 then it will be like I am 50.

As woman we have word quotas, it is estimated that woman speak 25,000 words each day while men average 10,000. I admit I often talk too much. Growing up I was shy; most of the time a follower, unsure of myself yet craving acceptance like most girls. After being in the business environment over 30 years; both as a student and teacher I have learned to observe, listen, adapt while developing leadership skills. I am still growing in every way, I am hormonal, I have weaknesses, I grieve, hurt, cry, bite my nails, still struggle with emotional eating, I am loyal, find joy in others, in my mind I know how to sing and dance and I really enjoy a good belly laugh; the kind that brings me to tears. For the past 3 years instead of making new year resolutions I have picked a word to live out for the year. Crystal inspired me to this practice. (thanks honey!) My word for 2012 has been Thanksgiving; I strive to be grateful and look for the positives.

Yesterday I hosted a Ladies Thanksgiving Tea and Talk as a way to thank some of the woman who have contributed and impacted my life. Just like Philippians 1:3 says, "every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God." Of course, there were many more woman who have touched my life than the dozen or so that came together yesterday; some are family, some are long time friends, some friends I do not often see and some are brand new. No matter what season of life we are in, each woman is special to me and shared themselves with me at just the right moment.  What a huge encouragement to spend the afternoon together, sharing stories, laughter and, of course, tears.  I am thankful to my Father, the King, who has made me His princess and for orchestrating my life to cross with all of them.

May we continue Ephesians 5:4 "Let there be no filthiness, nor foolish talk..instead let there be thanksgiving."

Here's to a start of the holiday season! May you know The King who gave us the most expensive gift of Jesus...accept it and be thankful.

No comments: