Those who mourn for they shall be comforted...said Jesus in His sermon on the mount. It seems like the last few years have been one long period of melancholy intermingled with comfort, peace, and I confess a little bit of anger. Anger at people being sinful people including me. I feel like I can't seem to catch a breath but then I am reminded that God provides just what I need when I need it like an infusion of joy when He invites me to His "party".
Allow me to rewind...last year April my 80 year old mom came through a series of surgeries, in June our 28 year old niece single mother of twin toddlers committed suicide, October brought the loss of my father in law after battling Alzheimer's, my dad had back to back eye surgeries in November and on my husband Eddie's birthday last Monday one of his brothers passed away after being in and out of the hospital the last few months and my mom continues with various health challenges. In the midst of all this I have a very demanding full time job that requires periodic travel. As I write these words my emotions remain at the surface and it's hard to breath.
Jesus is the thread of joy that holds everything together. He is the Great Physician who brought my parents through the medical procedures and He is their Savior. Jehovah Shalom gave us peace that my father in law and niece are suffering no more, in heaven together with Jesus. Sovereign Father God gave Eddie the opportunity to speak to his brother in his last days about The One who surrendered everything for him, He did finally choose to surrender and now we have assurance Jesus welcomed him into paradise. I am so thankful that God is faithful, unwavering, steadfast, dependable, constant, unchanging and forgiving.
Father Your word is true and everything You do is worthy of our trust. you love whatever is just and good, and Your unfailing love fills the earth. In You our hearts rejoice, for we are trusting in Your holy name. Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. You rule generation after generation.You are faithful in all You say; You are gracious in all You do. You are close to all who call on You, yes, to all who call on You sincerely. Your unfailing love never ends! Your mercies keep us from complete destruction. great is Your faithfulness; Your mercies begin afresh each day. your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches the clouds. We praise You Lord and everyone will bless Your holy name forever and ever.
(Psalm 33:4-5, 21; 145:13, 18; Lamentations 3:22-23; Psalm 36:5; 145:21)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen!
It is in the difficult times that we are blessed with the TRUE, UNWAVERING confirmation that Jesus IS our strength...it is so clear in the seasons when there is no way human strength could get you through. Love you, mom! Thanks for sharing. -CE
Post a Comment