I start several posts throughout the month yet I do not bring many to completion. Since I don't finish the post more frequently I feel it is important to share something significant, meaningful, insightful, encouraging or possibly wise. I realize deep down I seek recognition, which is kind of funny because hardly anyone visits my blogspot. I have thought about writing a memoir, have read books on how to write but it is difficult to imagine that I would actually accomplish such a feat. If I did, would anyone really be interested? Did I just write that because I crave recognition and encouragement? Maybe...
I do like to journal. Is journaling writing? I get excited looking at blank books, starting a new one. I kept a diary when I was a junior higher. Me and my best friend, at the time, wrote in locked diaries, hid them in our rooms then shared what we wrote. She did not live in the same town so we talked about them on the phone or when we did get to visit. Mostly it was about what boy we liked, our fears, what we wore and the activities we engaged in each day like tennis or bike riding. We did not broadcast our lives like young people do nowadays with social media. I remember how devastated I was when one of my brothers found my secret hiding place and read my diary then shared parts with his friends. I stopped for a few years then started journaling when I was a teenager, stopped again when life became overwhelming.
When I started again as an adult it was a vehicle for soul searching, sorting out my thoughts. Soul barring honesty is easier through written word. There is something about putting pen to paper that brings fresh perspective. An opportunity to look objectively at my own statements about needs, problems and desires as well as looking at my responses to life situations. My journaling has evolved to becoming a way of communicating with my Heavenly Father. Journaling allows God to dialogue with me; finding hope and healing as He walks through life with me.
For me journaling feeds my soul, makes me feel whole then I have more to give. Life responsibilities often overwhelm me and I feel irritable, angry, even broken. This is a sign that I am overdue on self care, soul food, journaling time with my Father God.
Matthew 11:28 come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.
Thank You Daddy for being there for me, always....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is exactly how I feel about journaling as well--it brings healing and wholeness...I mostly find myself writing prayers.
Post a Comment