Saturday, March 17, 2018

POTHOLES

When I stopped writing in the Fall of 2015 I had no idea how much the external demands in 2016 and 2017 would deplete my internal resources but God knew. My 2016 word was REST which prepared me for 2017 when I ANCHORed myself to Jesus through the potholes in my life journey. Sometimes I hit the pothole and I was bounced around yet able to stay the course while other times I hit it and was damaged so I had to pull off to the side for repairs that could be quick or take time. I didn’t realize how much time I was going to need on the side of the road to focus on my brokenness. A healing time with my good, good Father who knows all the details of my brokenness and how I am wired because He is my Maker. As The Creator He knew what would require full repairs or replacements or a simple tune up to get back on the road.

The other day I heard something like this - I will carry your baggage and I will gladly pay the baggage fee. This is what Jesus did and still does for me and He will do it for you too. He shows us His goodness by continuing to pursue us, He still chooses us no matter our flaws or failings. He never gives up on us, He does not reject us or abandon us. All we have to do is surrender our “bags”.

I entered 2018 under GRACE; giving myself Grace, looking for Grace and extending Grace only to be led to the word BRAVE (Joshua 1:9) then VICTORY. One of my ongoing prayers has been for God to help me overcome my unbelief. When I am faith-full He certainly shows up, He is still in the business of miracles. Maybe not like miracles in Biblical times but He is still the BOSS and I am forever grateful that He is The One in charge.

Under His umbrella of GRACE He makes me BRAVE so I can walk in VICTORY.

No comments: