Since reaching 50 years old this year, naturally I have been reflective and I was led to write tributes to both my parents and also to my baby girl Crystal. It seemed fitting to present my parents their tributes on Mother's Day and Father's Day, both have been posted in the previous two postings. Last week Crystal reached a milestone with her 30th birthday and we celebrated with her, Jeremiah and their friends in Colorado. My parents, my brothers, some Pettits, Jeremiah's family and several of Crystal's friends contributed to Crystal's 30th Birthday Book. Here is my tribute:
This is a special day, our baby girl reaching 30 years of life.
In many ways I feel like I grew up with you. I believe it is totally God’s grace beginning with your conception to us here today. The way He moved in and through our family; for the amazing young woman you are.
You are a role model for our family and an encouragement to everyone you encounter. You inspire people. You have always inspired me. As I think about your 30th birthday, the word amazing keeps rolling around in my mind. I realize I have already used that word in this writing yet I am truly amazed at the blessing of you.
As dad always says, you are a precious gem, a treasure. Your name fits your personality. The pattern of a crystal is solid, orderly, and structured. It is clear, transparent and high quality. Did this perfect name create you or did you simply bloom from the description? Mmmm….You are most definitely orderly and structured which served you well with the 11 or 12 moves in 8 years of your adult life. You are authentic and your honesty makes you transparent. Everything you do and every relationship you develop is solid and of high quality. Maintaining friendships is a serious endeavor for you.
Parents desire more for their children than they had growing up; better quality of living, better education and opportunities, better choices and even better characteristics. A couple of our traditions that bond us include the fact we love to read, to journal and are excited to share what we have learned through reading.
As an only child you were a leader, independent and confident. Your life began on the artistic, creative path until you came upon a curve or even a fork in the road. Jesus was your guide on this road to victory. Isaiah 43:19 “I am creating something new. There it is! Do you see it?” You developed God-confidence with each step forward. With a teachable heart you became a student of The Word and exhibit obedience to His promptings and principles.
Tremendous forgiver, loyal, team builder, patient, kind, tenderhearted, leader, teacher, counselor, sacrificial giver are qualities that overflow from you and display a life living out love.
Your sensitivity to others often results in encouragement and validation. I have often been a recipient of this blessing and it has been a real joy when I have witnessed this occurrence with others. It’s like a thirsty flower that blooms after it is watered. The word amazing just keeps coming to my mind and I am so proud of you, my daughter.
Achieving many “firsts” in the family and making all of us so proud. Such as being the first grandchild, the first college graduate, the first grandchild to marry and the first to leave the state of Illinois.
You and Jeremiah are united in vision, harmony and purpose; serving side by side, you are a true help-mate and example for others in a multitude of ways. Your love for others is truly genuine. You both love intentionally and with purposeful effort, to honor, help and encourage others. Both of you live out hospitality (Romans 12:13). You are happy with those who are happy and you weep with those who weep (Romans 12:15).
Reflecting on this milestone birthday, I am extremely grateful for you, my special daughter and doubly blessed that you are also my friend. Happy birthday honey.
I love you to the ends of the world, I love you tons, I love you for eternity,
Always, mom
Eddie's tribute to Crystal will be posted next month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment